Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SOMETIMES, I MISS JESUS AND HE MISSES ME

One of my precious grand buddies called me the other night.... crying! He was telling me that he misses me so much... and needs me so much... he could not even stop crying he said... because of his loneliness for me. Well, I don't think that I have to tell you about the emotion that welled up in me as I heard that little voice cry out for my effections, love and attention. He said... he just wanted to be where I was!

When I hung up the phone, I simply cried like a baby! The very first thought that entered my mind was that sometimes, Jesus misses me like that too! And Oh how I miss Him as well... and how I long for His appearing.... so that I can feel His arms around me, just to be in His very presence...to really look upon His face and see His tender smile. You see that is what my grand buddy was longing for... just to be in Granna's presences...for me to touch him and rub his little blonde head. He was simply missing me.

When my grand buddies are with me....nothing else matters! Housework...it has to wait! Laundry, it can run through the washer one more time! Cooking... the local Mexican restaurants are calling our names. When they are with me I can never seem to affectionately touch their little faces, hands and shoulders enough. I can not tell them too many times how much I love them. There is not enough time in the day, to get all our playtime in, on the donkey, the tractor, playing marbles "for fair or keeps", or simply eating bologna until Pop has to go to the store to get more! When they are with us....we are never less than an arms length from them to run to.

When I go to Lord... be it in the morning, the middle of the day, afternoon or night time, He is always there to meet me! Sometimes in my quiet times with Him, I believe that He rushes to me, and gets there before I do. I feel His sweet embrace as I whisper a prayer of repentance and restoration for a recent sin that I may have committed. His arms go round me as I confess and He pulls me to His chest and gives me the loving embrace of a Father...I know He does, because I am there in that moment! It's not every time that I experience that kind of embrace, but for the times that I do, they act as buffers during the times that I am being chastened or because of my own actions of pulling away from Him.

Sometimes my grand buddies get the board of correction when they disobey after they have been warned several times not to do a certain thing. Those moments are not warm and fuzzy moments either. But as soon as they say those four humbling words, "I am sorry Granna" the party is back on! Oh how I love them! You see, sometimes I miss Jesus like that (for whatever reason it may be)....and sometimes He misses me! But as soon as I make some stuff right, the party is always right back on!

Please sweet friend, never feel like you are not loved or have no one to run to! Because you are most defiantly loved!...and you can always Run to Jesus! I love you!

Your enduring friend,
Bren

No comments:

WHAT SIN DOES IN A BELIEVER'S LIFE - PART 2

Romans 6 tells every Christian very clearly how they should live after they receive Christ into their lives. ”What shall we say then? Shall ...