Tuesday, February 9, 2016

WHAT NEEDS MORE ATTENTION


 


Often times we can appear to be all right in the general sense of our walk with Christ. But more often than not, there are still areas that need some attention. Those areas in which we are careless and lazy and not as mindful to as other areas that we do not struggle in. The little things, those petty sins, we might call them. These are the remnants of our carnal nature that always fights for control and will always lead us to being careless. I feel sure that my personal carelessness is an insult to God's Holy Spirit that lives in me, as a child of God. I also know this from what the Word of God teaches as well as my own personal experience. When I grieve the Holy Spirit, I have a strong sense within me that lets me know that something is not right and beckons me to search until I figure out what is wrong. God will allow nothing to escape. Our lives are under His scrutiny. He sees over every detail until He has finished His good and perfect will in us. The outcome will be up to us, as to how and what we allow Him to do in us and through us. If we will not change or rectify that thing that God has His finger on in our lives, He will continue to bring us back in countless ways to the same point over and over again. He never tires, until we have learned the lesson that He is teaching us. His great and only purpose is, to produce His finished product. With the most persistent patience, God will bring us back to that one particular point. Through this process, God is trying to impress upon us that one thing that is not entirely right in our lives. Today, I am pressing forward to find that thing in me that is not entirely right. How about you sweet friend? "Yet even now," declares the LORD, "Return to Me with all your heart, And with fasting, weeping and mourning;" Joel 2:12 "Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:4

Hold Fast,

Bren

No comments:

WHAT SIN DOES IN A BELIEVER'S LIFE - PART 2

Romans 6 tells every Christian very clearly how they should live after they receive Christ into their lives. ”What shall we say then? Shall ...