Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WORTHY TO REPEAT


I love a good “Quote”, and as I run across them, I oftentimes will write them down or jot them down in my phone! They can be a little bite-size chunk of wisdom, or a gentle decadent breeze from an unknown wind. Sometimes they provide me a glimpse, into the mind of a real genius. But, most times they plant a simple thought or seed of an idea that will prompt me to consider something of importance in my life, that I may have overlooked elsewhere. They also help me to extend my vision and even re-invent myself, in how I view the world around me. But more times than not, I will run across a quote, that becomes therapeutic to me, as they become a miniature story or even a reminder from God, concerning a work that He may be doing in my life. Often times, little quotes and sayings will help to alleviate the worries and stresses that tend to accumulate in my heart and mind. I even love the fact that the scriptures are broken down into small verses to help me easily recall and remember the Words of the Living God, that I love. It must be grand to come up with such profound statements, that jar the mind to stop and give thought, to consider, concerning something. Since my early days of learning to write a complete sentence, I have piddled around with writing songs, poetry, stories, news’s paper articles, Bible Studies, devotions and other things. Yet, it is the smallest of quotes with the biggest impact or punch, that I love the most, yet I have the hardest time myself, condensing my own words into. So whenever I run across a statement that attracts my attention, and causes me to pause, I know that it is worthy enough to repeat and pass along to others. Today, I want to share a few of them.

Loving on you today,
Bren
___________________________________________________________________

Labor to grow better under all your afflictions, lest your afflictions grow worse, lest God mingle them with more darkness, bitterness and terror. John Owen

God sweetens outward pain with inward peace. Thomas Watson

Not to be afflicted is a sign of weakness; for, therefore God imposed no more on me, because he sees I can bear no more. Joseph Hall

When we grow careless of keeping our souls, then God recovers our taste of good things again by sharp crosses. Richard Sibbes

The winter prepares the earth for the spring, so do afflictions sanctified prepare the soul for glory. Richard Sibbes

“I wonder how many people I’ve looked at all my life and never seen.” John Steinbeck

Before you talk, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try.” Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

WHAT SIN DOES IN A BELIEVER'S LIFE - PART 2

Romans 6 tells every Christian very clearly how they should live after they receive Christ into their lives. ”What shall we say then? Shall ...