Monday, February 25, 2013

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE REFLECTING?



According to Saint Peter in I Peter 4:7, he encourages the believer to live soberly and by doing so they will possess self-control and their life will reflect a life given to prayer. If we live a life that reflects our faith in the fact that Christ could return at any moment, we will not be ashamed to display His truth to others. Because by doing so, our lives will reflect the proper urgency that the scriptures exhort us to have. For we know what the gospel message holds for everyone that longs to be set free and know the truth. The evidence of our love for God is shown in how we treat others. Peter continues in verse 8-19 that when love abounds in God’s children, there is an indispensable element of hospitality and charity that covers a multitude of sin. These virtues need to be exercised by God’s people to each other as well as to those who may disagree with us. Peter goes on to remind his readers that when something unusual or strange happens to them for doing so, to be reminded that all believer’s will partake in some of the same sufferings that Christ had to bear and those sufferings are to be regarded with exceeding joy. Peter testifies that believers should never suffer as murderer’s, thief’s, evil doers or busy bodies but if they are to suffer, to suffer for being a Christian in verse 16 and when they suffer for that reason, then they should not be ashamed. Peter exhorts his readers by reminding them that God provides every believer with all that is necessary to lead a life that reflects Christ’s life within them. He assures them that their profession is made real as their life bears the evidence of what they believe and what they have to say about the risen Savior. How a person regards themselves is often a good index of their character. The closer I draw myself to God, the further I realize how far away I have been.

As an unbeliever, my life was dominated by my natural inclinations to sin against God and those inclinations in my past estimation of myself were sins of no value in my mind. For I had concluded that since I had never killed anyone or considered myself an evil person, I must be alright before God. Yet when I came face to face with Christ, I suddenly recognized sin as God see’s sin and even the tiniest, most smallest sin in my life became pure rebellion against a Holy God and my penalty for those sins, was hell. Words cannot express how a person feels when they meet Jesus on the road to hell and He reveals Himself to them. I think it is best described by the testimony of the blind man whom Jesus healed when he was approached by the Sanhedrin and religious leaders as they tried to compel the man to give false accusations about Jesus, and the man simply said to them, that he knew not what they were talking about or had answers to their questions. All he did know was that once he was blind and when Jesus touched his eyes with a mudpack of spit and dirt, all of a sudden he could see!

Some people want to see oceans part and mountains move in order to put their trust in God. For some, like myself, need only to be willing to see as God sees and when we are willing to do that, mountains become molehills and oceans are lined with boardwalks. I may not have all the answers to all the questions that folks may have concerning the Son of God, even though the scriptures themselves bear those answers,  but for what I do know about Him I will spread the good news until my dying day in hopes that someone just like me will come to meet the man Jesus, whom I met on the road to hell. Once I gave my life to Christ, I then had only one inclination and that was to be delivered from the corruption that my sin nature had me bound to. The scriptures tell us that the regenerated person is given a new nature, a new life and to the largest degree that life can and should be a product of that new nature. Today if you cannot say for sure that your life does not reflect the new nature that is spoken about in the Word of God, then may I encourage to get alone with God and speak to Him concerning your own personal relationship to Him. He is only a sincere prayer away.  

Loving on you today sweet friend,
Bren

No comments:

WHAT SIN DOES IN A BELIEVER'S LIFE - PART 2

Romans 6 tells every Christian very clearly how they should live after they receive Christ into their lives. ”What shall we say then? Shall ...