Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WHERE DO YOU PLACE YOUR TRUST?


 
There are a lot of disheartened folks today and not all of them were Christian voters. Had Obama lost last night, there still would have been a lot of disheartened folks today, because it was inevitable that there would be a looser in the race for the presidency. We vote for the candidate that we feel can do the best job and because we have the freedom to; and that is what makes this country so great. I was up early this morning pondering over the entire election and what could have been done and what was done to bring the voters to make the decisions that they made. Honestly, I was surprised and could not believe that there were so many folks willing to put someone back into office with a record like what I feel, the current president has. Yet, what I do know is that nothing surprises God. As I shared with a friend earlier this morning, I think that for our party and those of us that believe that God is about to do something in this country unlike anything He has allowed before, we can only accept it as the will of God and move on to do our best as US citizens. I noticed a post on Facebook this morning made by one of my young great nephews that really says best as to how we should all feel…he said, “ It don’t matter who’s the president, I’m still gonna work hard and put my hand over my heart when I pledge” his words described how he feels and I say Amen to them! In the last election I was down and out for a few days after Obama won!
But this time, I feel like King David did when he lost his child because of his personal sin. Upon hearing that his child was sick and going to die, He fasted, mourned, cried and he begged God to forgive his sins and to spare the life of his young child. Yet, God did not and when the child died, David got up wiped his face, ate and continued on. Many people did not understand how he could act the way he did and not be so destroyed over the death of his child, yet David had an innate understanding that God had spoken through his choice of what God had allowed and the only thing that he could do was accept it and move on. That is exactly how I feel about the outcome of the election today. I know that I had invested prayer and research in this election and done all that I could do to achieve what I felt was the only answer for our country given the choices that was there. I have a peace this morning that I can credit only to the fact that I am okay with God dealing with us as the body of Christ even though I know that the whipping is going to hurt. I know in the end, I will spiritually feel better for it regardless to the world's condition. It never was nor will it ever be about anything but getting the house of God in order, it's not about Obama, he is only a tool in the hand of God to work His good will and purpose in correcting the Church and her/our/my sin and how I am reflecting Him before others.
 So, I accept and am satisfied with the conclusion only because I know that God may not have willed it, but He has allowed it and I cannot do anything but make the best out of it and like my great nephew says, continue to work hard at the job that God has given me, and love and support my country placing my hand over my heart to honor her as I pledge my allegiance to the country that still is, the greatest country on earth and recall two verses from the Word of God that reminds me that, “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14… and Isaiah 31:1… "Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD! I am choosing not to trust in what has happened but what God can do as we look and turn back to Him!
Where is your trust today sweet friend?
Hold Fast -Bren


1 comment:

DeeDee said...

I have a peace too that can only come from God. I believe that its time for Christians to walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. We need to put our faith in action! God could use this to bring about the largest revival our country has ever seen and bring glory to his name!

WHAT SIN DOES IN A BELIEVER'S LIFE - PART 2

Romans 6 tells every Christian very clearly how they should live after they receive Christ into their lives. ”What shall we say then? Shall ...