Monday, March 14, 2011

TURNING YOUR TRAILS INTO TREASURE

I remember when I was young, my grandmother use to save pieces of cloth and use them to make her quilts with. I can still remember seeing those old rages of material and wonder why she would keep them.... those ugly old scraps. Yet, it never failed that she would somehow manage to produce the most beautiful patterns and colors in the quilts that she made from them. Funny how life is like that as well. We, see our trials as defeat before we even begin to battle them. God however, sees them as treasures in diskies. He sees what they could turn into, if we respond to them and manage them the way He has instructed us to..


Hardly a day goes by that we or someone in our family does not face some sort of difficulty or tribulation. Problems will arise that will challenge and irritate, sending electrical serge's of frustration throughout our body. When this happens if we will recognize it's intent and then deal with according to how Ephesians 6 tells us to, we can experience peace, no matter how bad the trial may be to us at the moment.


The Bible tells us in Ephesians 6 that we war not against the flesh, but with an unseen enemy.... powers and principalities that wage war against us, as God's children. This basically means that, anytime we are in conflict that involves trials, tribulations or problems with others, of any kind; that we are to remember that we are not battling that person or that situation but the unseen enemy himself. satan is the enemy of every believer. He has but one purpose in our lives and that is to defeat us... in living as victors in Christ and please know this: he will go about doing that... in every way imaginable.


When you encounter a trail or problem, if you will take the steps to first recognize the real source; then think about your reaction before you respond, and determine to see what you can do to turn the irritation around and use it to your advantage, you will find that you may be able to salvage that situation into something good...and as cliche as it may sound; make something good out of something bad. With Christ ...ALL things are possible to them that believe....


Here are the steps that I have found help me if I will apply them:
  • Identify The Source - Is it with another person, an unwanted circumstance, brought on by self
  • What Is My Reaction - To Blame others, be blinded by my anger, defend self
  • Can It be Changed - Is it within my power to change anything ..at all
  • Determine A Plan That Will Turn The Irritation Around And Use It For My Advantage
There is a way out....but we must be willing to go the extra mile to make it happen and stop the bickering of blame and excuses. It has never been about me or you....it is... and always has been, about God...doing it His way and being held accountable for doing everything in my power to make amends and resolve any conflict. But so many times, my short lived frustrations have kept me from the victory and the beauty that could be mine if I would just do "that thing", whatever God may be asking or requiring of me to do.....and when I do, peace comes in and who is right and who is wrong does not seem to matter any more. The simple fact that I obeyed and did what I knew that I should do to restore peace in every situation is enough!


Our jobs are simple...they are to Identify and Transform every situation....and as we do, we are making something useful, something beautiful to the Lord out of what satan had meant to cause pain and defeat!


Let's do that thing....don't you give up....don't you dare give up...loving on you today,
Bren

No comments:

WHAT SIN DOES IN A BELIEVER'S LIFE - PART 2

Romans 6 tells every Christian very clearly how they should live after they receive Christ into their lives. ”What shall we say then? Shall ...