Friday, June 11, 2010

WORRY IS CAUSED BY CALCULATING WITHOUT GOD


Do you realize that all our worry is caused by calculating without God….

Lately, I’ve had a few moments I must tell you where my spiritual knees have been somewhat shaky and wobbly…My heart has been breaking and my mind has chosen to wonder away from the stability of spiritual reason…..that’s doubt by the way! The Lord in all His mercy and patience is trying to remind me that fretting is only an indication of my struggling to have it my way. The worry is present only as long as the fretting is.
It is always easy to encourage others to just rest in our nest of what we know God’s abilities are until our own nest is upset and disorder and anguish is brought on through the circumstances of our situation. God’s word tells us…let not your heart be troubled… God, will not keep our hearts from being troubled….but He tells us to make the decision not to let our hearts be troubled, based on what we know and believe about Him….(actually He commands us by saying “Let not…”) and through that formula our hearts can find rest and peace in-spite of the situation.
Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him….that simply means…to take your way of doing it and do it His way….and He will bring whatever that thing is to pass….but He will do it, His way….His time….what’s best for everyone (least we forget that life is not about “JUST US”…..). He is working it out for everyone’s best interest… I so love that about Him…(unlike me, He is not selfish that way….that’s why I long to be just like Him….)
It’s all about the purging and the purifying of our flesh. God’s Word teaches us that we are being purged in the refiners fire….God allows us to be taught by our mistakes as well as the mistakes of others, if we will but learn through the eyes of a hungry student seeking and desiring truth and wisdom.
In the end it’s all about the coming to terms with, My way….His way….Other’s way….God seems to have a way of upsetting the things that we have calculated without Him. Unwise choices and decisions made because we or others are making plans without His input to begin with. We get into circumstances that were not chosen by God because we did not factor Him into the equation in the beginning… therefore we reckon with evil and begin to work our reasoning from that standpoint…see how easy it is to think our way is the right way at that point! Wow, the devil is so sly…he takes us around the long way, because he knows that most of us will not take the time to figure him out, and realize that we have been had….
Rest will not depend upon our external circumstances but in our own personal relationship to God Himself. Do not do any calculating without Him. As a matter of fact He should be our divisor or factor……which will evenly divide without leaving a remainder (room for doubt if you will)…..( I do remember a few thing from math class)…So haul yourself up a million times a day in order to do it…so in the end, the rest comes and there remains to be a constant flowing river of peace through your soul. A peace that instead of saying “Why God does this thing have to come?”…it says….while I do not understand it all… nor do I like what is happening, I will not be destroyed by it, nor will I allow it to rob me of my peace, my joy or… my heart’s desire to continue to believe in a sure future for all of those involved….and I underscore the latter…. I will not be destroyed by it, nor will I allow it to rob me of my peace, my joy or… my heart’s desire to continue to believe in a sure future for all of those involved…

No matter what others may say or think, nor what the devil has tried to wire us up to believe…..we must hold on and continue to go back to that resting place where we know that peace awaits us…..and every time we fall out of the nest…..we will pick ourselves up and place ourselves back into the nest… and there will we rest on His promises that while we may be dismayed for the moment we will not be destroyed…

Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you. I will uphold you...Isaiah 41:10

Be strong and courageous; do not fear or be dismayed because of the king of Assyria, nor because of all the multitude that is with him; for the one with us is greater than the one with him. 8With him is only an arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles… Chronicles 32:7-8

We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Be strong and courageous I love you and have prayed for you today!
Bren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Bren, preach on! I praise God for you! I want God to do more of these notes through you! I love you and I have prayed for you this evening, and will the next day, and then some.....

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Brenda. It's wonderful to have such spiritual contacts. God has put a magnificent network of people in my life! Praise God!!!!

WHAT SIN DOES IN A BELIEVER'S LIFE - PART 2

Romans 6 tells every Christian very clearly how they should live after they receive Christ into their lives. ”What shall we say then? Shall ...